Friday, May 30, 2008

Speaking of ...

Avery and I did her first dog walk in the back-carry position of the Beco this morning. It went really well. I did learn that I need to buy her a sun hat that stays more securely on her head because, with her behind me, I was constantly worried it was falling down into her eyes. I was quite pleased with myself for remember to bring a mirror on the walk so I could look at her position if needed. Of course, because I brought it, I didn't need it.

Speaking of the back carry, I also managed to get Avery into it when I went to the grocery store yesterday. I'm not very confident at putting her in the back carry position over concrete. Anyway, I managed it, but one of her arms was sticking out of the top. I prefer they be tucked in, though the instructional video says it's fine for arms to be out. I kept trying to reach around to grab her arm and tuck it in, but each time she would yank her arm away from me and give me this look like, "No way! If you tuck it in, I can't reach for everything in site!" I had to walk in the exact middle of the aisles so she wouldn't reach out and grab everything off the shelves.

And speaking of reaching out, Avery is so cute when I pick her up out of her crib (ok, she's ALWAYS cute, but particularly so in this instance). She is so curious about everything now. Her eyes get wide and she has this look of wonderment on her face. I'll carry her on my hip, but she cannot leave her back arm resting behind me. She has to twist and have her whole body facing forward with both arms out so she can properly lean towards anything and everything. She will twist to grab for anything. As we walk down the stairs, she sees one thing after another to lean for. It's adorable.

And speaking of adorable, she has started to push her arms through the sleeves as I get her dressed. I put her little hand at the bottom of the sleeve and say, "push, push, push!" and she does! She's done this for a while now, but it's very obvious now.

And speaking of things she's done for a while, her rolling over is in full swing. She'll roll for pretty much anything. Sometimes she'll even stop on her tummy for a while to see what's on the floor and pick at it. She likes to look at the pictures on her play mat, the pattern on a rug, or anything else that catches her interest.

And speaking of things catching her interest, she is totally into Turtle and Eddie now. If we're on the floor playing with her and T or E walks in, she stops whatever she's doing and just watches them with wide eyes. She smiles at them and tries to pet them (neither will let her pet them - they both just get up and walk away when she leans for them - I think their tune will change when bits of heaven start dropping from the sky, aka food from highchair).

No comments: