Monday, September 29, 2008

Bath

Yesterday, I put Avery down in the hallway upstairs and walked to the other end to do some laundry.  Normally she looks at me at the other end for a bit, then crawls towards me.  This time she looked at me, then started crawling furiously towards me. However, she turned left before reaching me.  She went into her bathroom and crawled towards the tub, then pulled herself up and tried to climb in.  She wanted a bath!  I had no clue that she even associated that room with her baths.  Plus, she's not been overly excited about baths, though she never cries or is upset to take them.  The last few times, however, she splashes madly in the tub and seems to have a great time.

When I saw her eagerness to take a bath, I called down to Daddy, who came upstairs to give her a bath. They filled the tub together.



Avery is now starting to point at things.  She especially likes to point at other babies or pictures of babies.  In my office, I have three pictures framed of Avery with D and me.  Everyday, we look at those and she just beams from ear to ear and points at herself in the pictures.

She's also making the "ma-ma-ma" noise.  I know she's not saying mama, but I still just love it. Her babbling is starting to sound more like words and less like babble, even though she's not saying anything.  The other day I said "Eddie" while petting Eddie and she repeated it.  I couldn't get a repeat performance from her, but it was exciting nonetheless.

Finally, I will share my latest discovery.  Avery gets a little bored with eating about half way through a jar of food or container of yogurt.  She's not really full, just bored (at least from what I can tell). I can get her to finish if I call Eddie to come over and sit by me. She loves to look at Eddie.  The only time he will let her pet him is if she's eating, so that is also a bonus for her.  Eddie knows he gets to lick left over baby food or yogurt, so he'll pretty much put up with anything at that point.  Eddie finally has a job!  He charges a serving of cheese for each 15 minutes of work if anyone is interested in hiring him to help you feed your little ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute, I love that picture of her looking in the tub.