Things are chugging along here at Casa de Trio. Avery is getting faster everyday with her crawling. She'll spot a target across the room and get to it in no time flat. Since she has started crawling, she is not satisfied to simply sit on one's lap - she is officially into full-on squirmy baby mode. She pushes away your arms and squirms and wiggles until she gets somewhere other than a stationary position. It's both exciting and exhausting.
Avery and I have a new morning routine now. We sit and eat breakfast - me Grape Nuts, her trying to eat some solids (success at this is sporatic at best). Then we get her loaded up into the Beco so we can walk the dogs. The other morning, she was sitting by D in the living room while I fetched the Beco. I came back into sight and she saw the Beco. She started kicking happily and then crawled furiously towards me. She loves to ride in the Beco, and I love that she loves a dog walk so much.
Chase is fast becoming Avery's favorite game. If she thinks that I am chasing her, she starts giggling and crawling away like mad. Often, she thinks Eddie is chasing her, though I'm pretty sure he just happens to be walking behind her.
She's starting to attempt to pull herself up onto a table or ottoman - and gets frustrated when she can't figure out how to put all the motions together. It's the same frustration I saw right before she figured out crawling. She's quite close, so I think that next step will soon be here. She is doing downward dog a lot and is crawling more on her knees, though the belly crawl remains her main mode of locomotion.
I find it hilarious because she also chooses the path of MOST resistance. If she wants something, instead of crawling around my legs, she goes up and over them. Often she'll do this even when around my legs would be easier. She likes to crawl over me, or any other object in her way.
I leave you with another composite video, aka The Best of Avery, Vol. 2.
4 comments:
She sings. She dances. Now the only question that remains is...can she act? Broadway, here she comes!
Go Avery!
Love, Grampa
Love the happy dance! You know how she flaps her arms when she's happy? This will soon turn into CLAPPING! Watch how her hands will eventually make contact and if she can get a good noise from it, she'll be hooked!
Yes, she's already clapping. She'd been "clapping" for months where she would have one hand open and the other one in a closed fist. Then, one day, she just opened that other hand and now she claps for everything! So cute!
Post a Comment