Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Side Ponytails!

It's still not quite long enough to be done properly, but I put Avery's hair into two side ponytails* today. I think it's pretty darn cute.



* My mom and I had a debate as to whether it would be proper to call these pigtails. I think it would, she thinks it's not. Wikipedia seems to agree with both of us in that you *can* call them pigtails, but most of the time it refers to braided hair.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable! I always had trouble getting the two sides even. Well done!!!

rickj253 said...

Love Avery's new 'do! I am a big fan of both the Pebbles look and the side ponytails...I admit I agree with your mom, "pigtails" to me are the Pippi Longstocking things. But "side ponytails" don't seem to indicate the full cuteness of the 'do (especially when they stick straight up/out like Avery's do!), so I like to call them "Antennae"!
Have a super fun Christmas!
-Annie

Megan said...

@Annie - that is a great name for them! We shall henceforth call them antennae. Thanks!