Saturday, December 6, 2008

Uh Oh

For the past couple of weeks, Avery has really enjoyed spending extra time in her crib.  When she goes down for a nap, or wakes up from one, she spends her time happily playing with her stuffed animals or her bib (which she inexplicably loves to play with).  Yesterday morning, she woke, played for a while, then made some noises that made me think she was ready to get up.  I picked her up and she leaned back to the crib, so I put her in it and then gave her some books.  This made her very happy for about 15 minutes, then I hear some unhappy noises, so I went in again to get her.  This time she scrambled up to stand and then looked me straight in the face and said, "uh oh!" I looked down and she'd thrown her bib over board.  This was not her first use of "uh oh" and certainly not the first time she'd thrown something over board, but I found it blog worthy nonetheless!

D keeps insisting that Avery will be walking any day now.  I think it's still a month or two (at least) off.  To me, she seems quite content with her crawling.  Honestly, I hope that she doesn't start attempting to walk until we're back from Mexico, where we'll be over the holidays.

Finally, some pictures!  We really need to get her haircut so she doesn't have to wear the Pebbles look all the time, but I rather like the Pebbles look, so that might be part of my delay in doing so.

From Daily Avery

From Daily Avery

From Daily Avery

1 comment:

Rachele said...

My friends who are parents seem to have one of two experiences. Either their baby is "gonna walk any day now!" for two or three months (that would be us), or "sh*t, she's already walking, how did that happen??"

I'm just a-sayin'... :)