Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Headstand

We've had a busy few weeks since getting back from Mexico, but things are calming down a bit.

On Monday, we had a long playdate with Elise while E's mom got some packing done.  Elise and Avery love to play together and I love to watch them.  Sure there's the cuteness factor of babies/toddlers playing with each other; but it's also fascinating.  When they were playing up in Avery's room, they pulled out two of the mesh bins, put them on the floor, emptied their contents, then proceeded to climb into the baskets, then out, then in, then out - all the while giggling.  When Avery's nap time rolled around, I pulled the Pack N Play into Avery's room and put Elise down to nap in that.  I left the room and they started a full on giggle fit.  For about 20 minutes, I listened to chatter interspersed with giggles interspersed with squeals.  Towards the end of the day, I decided to dress Avery in a similar outfit to Elise and to put Elise's hair up like I do Avery's.  The video below has a clip of their twins look while sitting on the metal chair in the living room.

Tonight, as we were playing with Avery before bed, D helped her do a handstand.  She loved it.  Once upright again, she immediately did the help sign and we said, "Help with what?"  She got into downward dog position to indicate she wanted to do the headstand again.  Her doing this a couple of times is also in the video below.


Headstand, bass, playing with friends from Megan Smith on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Lori said...

It's so fun to see her signs! Way to go Avery!! And there is nothing sweeter than baby giggles and baby head bobbing. Too cute.

bruce said...

Way too kool

Christie said...

Cow print pajamas rock. Headstands are excellent. And I'm loving that tunnel. Where'd you get it?