Sunday, January 20, 2008

Aunt Vic Visits

Since I last posted, we've had a visit from Aunt Victoria! Vic flew into town for four days to meet Avery and cook for us. That she was an au pair when she was younger was immediately evident. Within minutes of her arrival, she was making notes on how to feed the dogs (we have a ridiculously complex feeding time for the dogs), how to wash nipples and prepare bottles, noting where all the dishes go, etc. I knew I'd hit the jackpot when I turned around one day and she was cleaning out the entire refrigerator - not just sorting, but cleaning the entire thing. Anyway, her visit left us with many frozen meals for the next few weeks and me feeling nice and refreshed. Thanks, Aunt Vic!

Yesterday, I bought Avery a playmat. We took some videos of her playing. Mom has let me know of her love of watching the videos, so here's one of them (it's the same video if you click this link or play the one below ... the one via the link is slightly larger ... I'm still playing around with what method I want to use for videos posted to this blog).


Avery and I also did our first dogs walks without help from others. The first time, I took her in the sling and then walked first Eddie, then Turtle. The next time, she preferred the stroller, so we again we walked Eddie, then Turtle.

The other day, I started playing a game with her where I whisper into a paper towel tube in one ear, then switch to the other ear. She loves to listen and gets all quiet and then starts to smile.

Next visit is from Rachele, Jay, and baby Elise. I haven't seen Elise since she was about 5-months-old. She's now 8-months-old, so I'm sure she's changed quite a bit! Avery can't wait to meet her new friend!

1 comment:

Rachele said...

she's so alert and aware of her surroundings already!