We are back from Avery's first road trip. It was fantastic - way easier than I thought it would be and we all had a good time. On the drive up, we were 30 minutes late getting out of the house, but that was due more to us dawdling than to any difficulties with Avery. We made two stops on the way up there - both very efficient and easy. Changing Avery in the minivan is so much easier than it would be a sedan, so that was wonderful. Here's a little video I took of D with Avery on the first stop to change and burp her.
When we arrived, we were thankfully checked into two adjoining rooms. The set up could not have been better. In addition to the regular hotel room, the adjoining room was basically set up like a living room / conference room. Within 10 minutes, I had her feeding station set up and everything spread about the suite.
Activities while there included:
- A stroll through downtown Seattle to a drug store for supplies and snacks
- A stroll through Nordstrom's for some shopping
- A trip out to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner with D's colleagues
- Lots of important baby stuff, like squealing at a book (see video below)
Our trip home was very easy. We stopped once, but not for Avery - we had to hit Burgerville for some food! Delicious. We did have one momentous occurrence: a tornado. As we were driving through the outskirts of Vancouver, we were heading into very heavy rain that then turned to hail. As we reached a bridge, we noticed the wind was picking up something fierce. There was debris flying throughout the air. I looked over and saw a massive piece of siding (or something flat like that) flying through the air. D asked if it was a tornado; I said I didn't think so. We got home and lo and behold, it was. Thankfully, all is well and we made it home perfectly safe.
General Avery Update
Avery is showing a lot more personality now. She smiles a lot and makes the absolute cutest faces right before she goes into full on scream. I have tried to get a picture of this face, but I always get the full-on-scream face which is not as cute. She is probably mad I keep trying to get that shot rather than changing her immediately. Tonight, as D was feeding her, she was quite anxious to get that second bottle in her mouth. I delivered it to D and she practically did a sit up right up into the bottle so she could feed. It was adorable.
Cool Stuff
We have loved all of the various gifts people have sent. People have been so generous and excited for us. It truly is amazing. Today, a gift from a friend of mine who knits arrived. I can't wait until she's big enough to wear it ... a few months, I think:
Upcoming Events
Saturday, the three of us will go to the Infant and Toddler Care for Adoptive Parents Class. We had no idea we'd be bringing our very own model with us when we signed up for it many months ago.
Next week, our friend Vic will be swinging into town to help out with things for a bit.
We'll hopefully be scheduling a visit with Avery's birth family within the next few weeks.
Other
Finally, I added a feed over there on the right so you can see when new pictures are posted to the Daily Avery album. I name them differently and the date it was posted is displayed.
2 comments:
The sweater is supposed to be 3 mo size, it might be bigger.
I'm loving the pictures of her reading. :)
Post a Comment