Avery is currently sitting on the floor of my office just reaching up in the air trying to reach ... well, I'm not sure what. I think she wants to pull herself up, but since there's nothing around, she's just reaching into the air and talking. I just handed her a paper bag to play with and she's thrilled with that development. It makes a lot of noise and Avery loves to make a lot of noise.
She is becoming mobile in every way but official crawling. Through her lay-to-sit skill, combined with her rolling, she seems to appear in completely different places from where I set her down. She will also make dives for various treasures placed in front of her and attempt to crawl, inching forward ever so slightly with a flurry of movements that look like crawling, but which lack the structure to actually result in a crawl. As has been true for several weeks now, she rarely falls backwards when sitting. I thought that head control was one of the greatest milestones, but I am now amending that thought to replace head control with sitting unassisted.
Avery and I have done a couple of walks over the past few days. I tend to do all the walking and her all the riding, but it's a fair trade for the happy grins she greets us with each morning. All of this leads me to this question: does anyone else's baby ride like this in the stroller? She seems to have found a new use for the car seat attachment bar. She just props here feet up there and says, "Wheeeeee!" I call it her roll bar.

1 comment:
Our stroller has a tray in front and Ian has the same pose with feet atop the tray. I call it his gangsta lean.
Post a Comment